Meditation is an ancient practice that helps to control our own mind and consequently our own life and discover ourselves.
Meditation or “dhyana” is an extreme form of concentration. It allows your mind to focus on one thing and detaches you from all worldly things.
How to Meditate?
To mediate you must sit comfortably and start focusing on one thought, object or even your breathing. Initially your mind will wander. Do not try to stop it. Let it go. Do not suppress any feelings or thought, but let these pass. Once done your mind will automatically return to your object of focus. Now your mind will be at peace.
It takes only a few minutes every day. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day!
Benefits of Meditation for Health
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases